Re: Re: Oracle DBA Game Programmer

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 8:37:20 -0500

most jobs ive seen with these requirement are more software engineers who know light oracle DBA work. There are alot of jobs like that.

I've heard horror stories about the computer game industry. You work really long hours, build a product that is error free, then get laid off because a bunch of 12 year olds didn't like it. I've been told you lose the 'wow I'm making computer games for a living' feeling after your first few 70 hours work weeks.