RE: DB links

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:57:55 -0800

Have you turned on SQL Net tracing and looked at the trace file?

In sqlnet.ora:

# trace_level values: OFF, USER, ADMIN, SUPPORT

trace_directory_client =3D c:\temp
trace_file_client =3D net_client
trace_unique_client =3D on
trace_timestamp_client =3D true
trace_level_client =3D off

trace_directory_server =3D /tmp
trace_file_server =3D net_server

trace_timestamp_server =3D true
trace_level_server =3D off

If you have several Oracle Homes on the machine, then for debugging I = use different sqlnet.ora files and trace_file names in each Oracle Home = so that I can easily tell from the file name which Oracle Home was being = used for the network connection.