DB links

From: Michael Milligan <Michael.Milligan_at_ingenix.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:50:19 -0600

Has anyone had trouble using a link created for just certain databases, when everything is set right. In other words, no reason can be seen why it wouldn't work? We changed the global name, etc., etc. I can connect to the database but when I create the link, then try to select from dual from another database, it says "TNSNames cannot resolve service name". But using the same service name, I immediately connect successfully to the database!

Driving us crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.