RE: damn oracle

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:52:17 -0500

After weeks of banging my head on the wall and also working with Oracle Help desk support(SWAT Team) trying to get 9iAS loaded and working ,only to be asked to wait until 10g comes out." It will fix all of you problems."
I waited and finally received the cdrom pack. It checked the OS version info like it said it would; informed me of the rpm's needing installed or upgrading; made all of the preliminary checks;
 and proved to live up to the long wait request for the product. It installed real slick and easy. I have the infrastructure on one RedHat es 2.1 box and the application server on another Redhat es 2.1 box. It only took me an afternoon on each box and that was from a fresh OS install on each of them.
I only wish that all of the future Oracle products installed this easy.
Next challange, upgrade my RedHat 7.2 to RedHat es 2.1 and then upgrade my Oracle 8.1.7.4 to 10g.
Anyone have a hint on the preliminare steps to upgrade to OS? I will have to change out a drive because of it's small size 40G and work from there.
Thanks,
Ron

>>> Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com 02/11/2004 11:29:47 AM >>>
See http://tinyurl.com/3738n for a colorful matrix of supported = versions.

Raj