Re: Implement Parallel Processing on DB Warehouse

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:45:11 -0500

Steve Adam's site says
"In a well managed shared pool, flushing should not be needed."

So is your shared pool too big or are people not using bind variables? So all your users take a hit in the morning as they hard parse all the new sql statements. But maybe you pin everything.

I agree flushing the shared pool is a very poor bandade for shared pool problems.

Mike
ganstadba_at_hotmail.com