Re: Defrag tool on the Oracle database server

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:23:57 +1100

you mean you needed *MORE* reasons????
:D

To be fair: nowadays, the doco exists to take best advantage of NTFS. All these things that are now documented DID exist and have been in place since NT came out in V4.

The only thing I violently critique with M$ is that they KNEW they would have all these problems with default NTFS settings and databases, yet they totally refused (until recently) to make the necessary information available to anyone other than their SQL Server inner-sanctum.

I happened to stumble into snippets of all this ages ago because I did follow NT magazine and their Mark Minasi regularly visited NTFS and "hidden" parameters. Nothing was visible in the M$ site back then.

That's as low as any s/w maker can get in my book... Cheers
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia
dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au