Opinions on Good Speakers - IOUG Sessions on Sunday

From: Sam Bootsma <sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:56:04 -0500

Hello,

I have been reviewing the Sunday University seminars happening at IOUG in Toronto this year. Based on what I see in the write-ups on the website, I am most interested in:

  1. Advanced Oracle Database Troubleshooting on UNIX by Tim Gorman
  2. Oracle10g New Features by Daniel Liu
  3. Oracle Environment Security by Kenny Smith
  4. AND Identity Management: Oracle Internet Directory by Sanjeev Mohan

But I do not want to make my choice based only on the write-ups. I recall attending a course on M$ Networking and TCP/IP. It was fabulous - and mostly because of the instructor. A year or two later I attended a Performance Tuning course at Oracle head quarters. This one was so-so, again because of the instructor.

I have heard Tim Gorman speak before and he is very good. So I have no hesitations in attending a seminar led by Tim. Ditto for Rachel Carmichael (except I don't see her name anywhere).

Can anybody else provide input into some of the better speakers out there? This will also be useful for technical sessions happening during the week, outside of the intensive Sunday and Thursday morning seminars.

Thanks for your opinions!

Sam Bootsma

George Brown College

sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca <mailto:sbootsma_at_gbrownc.on.ca>

416-415-5000 x4933