Antw: Oracle 10G install on Linux

From: Markus Reger <Reger_at_mdw.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:11:31 +0100

guess this was the solution:

Disk1/install/linux/orapram.ini=20
comment out the [Certified Versions] section and it will not make any of the tests agianst the OS.

>>> pegramrg_at_yahoo.com 02/09 8:33 >>>

I have been googling without any success. If I remember correctly, someone posted a solution to installing Oracle 10G on a "non supported" version of linux. I think it involved commenting out a line in a file that checks the OS platform. I don't run linux, so I trashed the thread, but a friend of mine was asking.

Can someone please resend that thread to me? =20

Thanks,
Rob Pegram

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html=20

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20

To unsubscribe send email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org=20 put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.