RE: new sql tuning book

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:26:37 -0500

Please send me a copy also.
Thanks,
Ron
-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Mogens N=F8rgaard Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 2:10 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: new sql tuning book

Is he using the Throw-Away Method (TAM) pioneered by Martin Berg of=20 Oracle? Martin wrote a 50-page note about it. Let me know if anybody on =

the list wants it. Can't attach it here, of course. It's a very, very=20
smart way of handling it, and it's based on row counts.

Mogens

=
>have not read it yet (like others here..:-) but i have skimmed parts
=
of
>it and read the appendix that summarises the technique with a worked
>example. I like the idea. It seems like its a sort of manual cost =
based
>optimizing technique?
>
>good book though, i suspect very worth reading.
>
>kind regards
>
>Pete
> =20

************************************************************************=
***=20
 The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee
=
and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not
the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this communication that do not relate to the official
business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor =
endorsed by
it. =20