RE: Shared Server vs. Connection Pooling

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:42:33 -0600

Jonathan

   My initial reaction is that this would be a function of your application server. Is that what you mean by mid-tier client? We haven't investigated this, but I understand the big-buck app servers claim they can connect to multiple databases and fail over transparently. Of course reality may differ from sales claims.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com