Re: Defrag tool on the Oracle database server

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:44:09 -0700

So, to repeat my original question: is there something about NTFS (or whatever file-system Windows is using) that is susceptible to this problem?

How is it that there are no "defrag" utilities for UNIX? And if there are, they are never utilized and the people who wrote/ported it are starving?

I've always considered "fragmentation" to be one of those joke responses to management queries. "Uh yeah, we're badly fragmented and the databits are not multiplexing properly through the parity groobfluffer"...