Re: SAP Service Report / EarlyWatch Check usefulness?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:58:52 -0800

Yes, I am familiar with them.

Regarding the BASIS portion of the reports, they may know what they're talking about. I'm not a BASIS admin so I can't say too much about that.

Regarding the Oracle part of the report: It's absolute garbage. Total trash. I wouldn't line my birdcage with it.

One of their recommendations was to remove some of the redo logs, we had too many ( 4 groups mirrored ).

Of course, the ever present BCHR was there. I had to waste several hours of my time explaining to my manager why I wasn't going to follow their recommendations.

And more time explaining to our obdurate BASIS admin why Oracle didn't work the way she thought it did.

"Ach! We must reorg! Too many extentss"
"We have to run DBV on a schedule!"
"etc!"

Our new BASIS admin is much easier to work with. :)

Jared