RE: Re: how to get oracle to ignore an index

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:49:39 -0800

And this is what Jonathan Lewis said before, "The thing above might not = be a valid hint as the <table> might have been given an alias. If the = table does not have an alias, then this [index hint] will be obeyed, = unless some conditions relating to null columns could make the indexed = path return the wrong path [n.b. should that be 'wrong result set'], or = (prior to skip scans) there was no optimizer mechanism for using the = index."