B+Tree vs. B*Tree

From: Daniel Hanks <hanksdc_at_about-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:08:42 -0700 (MST)

This may be a little off-topic, but, what are the differences between B+tree indexes, and B*tree indexes? At school I had to write a program to perform insert and update on a B+tree index, so I'm familiar with that type of index. Searching for B*tree on Google is less than effective as Google strips out the * character.

Any docs you could point me to would be helpful. I have the Silberschatz book mentioned previously today, which covers B-tree, and B+tree indexes, but not b*tree indexes.

Thanks,