RE: connect / as sysdba on 9i

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:02:03 -0800

In Windows 2000 / Oracle 9.2, I am able to do the following: set ORACLE_SID=3Dinstance_name
sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba

I logged on to the Windows 2000 database server as a user who is in the = ORA_DBA Windows group.

In my sqlnet.ora I have
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES =3D (NTS) On the Windows 2000 / Oracle 9.2 system used in the above test, if I set = SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES =3D (NONE) in sqlnet.ora, then when I try connect / as sysdba
I see the message "Insufficient privileges."