RE: connect / as sysdba on 9i

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:42:11 -0800

The O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY parameter DOES affect database = connectivity.
If O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY =3D TRUE, then I can say
connect sys/password without the "as sysdba" If O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY =3D FALSE, then I CANNOT connect sys/password without the "as sysdba"

See example on SunOS 9.2

SQL> connect system
Enter password:=20
Connected.
SQL> select a.instance_name, b.name as database_name   2 from v$instance a, v$database b ;
INSTANCE_NAME DATABASE_

---------------- ---------
sdu2920a         SDU2920A
SQL> show parameter O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY
NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- =
------------------------------
O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY          boolean     FALSE
SQL> connect sys
Enter password:=20
ERROR:
ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. SQL> exit

irvspcu01 # export ORACLE_SID=3Dsdu2920b irvspcu01 # sqlplus /nolog
SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on Thu Feb 5 10:40:13 2004 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. SQL> connect system
Enter password:=20
Connected.
SQL> select a.instance_name, b.name as database_name   2 from v$instance a, v$database b ;
INSTANCE_NAME DATABASE_

---------------- ---------
sdu2920b         SDU2920B
SQL> show parameter O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY
NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY          boolean     TRUE
SQL> connect sys
Enter password:=20
Connected.
SQL>=20