Regular Expressions in 9i

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:29:36 -0500

All,

Anybody know the name of the packages/functions to use "Regular Expression" searches and replaces? This would be in 9i on Aix. I did a grep in the rdbms/admin directory and it looks like it might be implemented in Java code, but I don't see a PL/SQL call for them. Do I need to install Java to make these packages available?

PS - Jonathan - your article in the Sept./Oct. Oracle Magazine looks great! I'm using it as a guide!

thanks.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional