RE: OFA - dump destinations

From: Mark Moynahan <Mark.Moynahan_at_apollogrp.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:34:38 -0700

I agree. I would rather have the trace files go into their own directories. The reasoning that was suggested is that it is easier to see all the trace file in one directory instead of multiple directories. Since all of our other production systems are setup this way I believe our manager will side with the senior DBA as to keep the same setup and feel.

Thanks,

Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Mark Moynahan Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:52 PM To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'
Subject: OFA - dump destinations

We are currently working installing a 9i db on a new box. The senior dba wants to put all trace files into one directory on = $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log.
I've suggested that this is not the best practice prescribed by OFA. = Does
anyone see any major issues with keeping all trace files in one = directory?=20

Thanks,

Mark