Antw: Re: OEM 10g

From: Markus Reger <Reger_at_mdw.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 13:30:00 +0100

Joe - let me say " I don't take umbrage regarding puke" - putting = jocularity aside:
downloaded on Feb 01 2004 - at a "breathtaking" speed. Maybe nobody else = did a download=20
at that time.=20
Guts feeling tells me to agree totally with you. I couldn't even find an = intelligent agent -=20
so it couldn't be discovered, but configured manually. So access is = possible.=20

Regarding OEM integration of 9i into 10g I didn't yet succeed. kr mr

>>> oracle-l_at_oracle-dba.com 02/04 1:11 >>>
Markus i've not got it downloaded yet but like in most things it SHOULD=20 be downward compatible, meaning 10G OEM should be able to monitor 9i=20 databases but it usually rarely(can i say never) work the other wasy=20 around, 9i OEM will more than likely NOT be able to monitor 10G=20 databases, usually too much has changed and things puke(professional =20 term when talking about drinking but it pertains to here also) when=20 trying to go the other direction.

joe

Markus Reger wrote:

>Hello to everybody
>
>Installed 10g on a SunV120 with OS Solaris 9.0. Everything went fine.=3D20=

>Since I deliberately didn't set kernel params I got warnings refering to =
=3D
>that. ok. Set them and then the warnings were changed into "smilies".
>
>Now I found out that several things were a bit different. BUT what =
strikes =3D
>me most is:
>
>afaik there is no integration into the "old" OEM console. so I cant =
manage =3D
>the 10g instance in a 9i OEM.=3D20
>does anyone know if I can integrate my "old 9i" instances into the new - =
=3D
>webbased - OEM. If so, pls just drop me a hint where to find it in the =
=3D
>documentation.=3D20
>
>I checked this out of curiousity - since I have other things to do as =
well =3D
>- but within a day I couldn't find an answer to this. All I tried was to =
=3D
>check if our existing config could easily be moved to 10g. =3D20
>
>kr mr

> =20

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20

To unsubscribe send email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org=20 put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.