RE: Tablespace block size limit / Windows

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:51:21 -0500

Lisa,

        Tried creating a windoze db some years ago, Oracle 7.3.4. The app = vendor recommended 32k or larger block size for performance reasons. = Oracle barfed all over the place because of the 32K block size. The = vendor's tech support told us to use 2K block size because of windoze. = So I guess that limitation has been known about for a while.

  Also shows that the sales & post sales tech droids don't always know = what their talking about.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA