RE: Capacity Planner from OEM VS Statspack

From: Andy Rivenes <arivenes_at_llnl.gov>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:34:06 -0800

Interesting problem. Perhaps if you broke out the timing in the event calls with a min and a max you would see a skew the average time hides? I assume it's not the number of calls then, but the total time that's much longer when this happens?

I have an interval resource profile perl script that I've just made available on appsdba.com that you could try running the trace file against if you're interested.

Andy Rivenes
arivenes_at_llnl.gov