SDU, TDU, Listener and ThinClient

From: Bellow, Bambi <bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:00:39 -0600

Friends --

I have set my SDU to 5840 and my TDU to 29200. I have bounced the listener. And we're seeing the client pass the SDU in successfully, but the ACCEPT operation is setting the SDU to 2048, which, of course, is the default. The client is using java's thinclient and is setting the SDU/TDU in the connect string from the client end. Maybe I'm still in weekend mode, but I can't seem to get around some kind of hard limit somewhere. SDU, as I recall, can go up to 32k, so why's it crapping out at 2k?

TIA,
Bambi.