Re: Will 10g install on any Linux???

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:06:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I don't know anything about 10g yet. But...

  1. If you don't want to waste time trying to figure out WTH is UnitedLinux, then here is Oracle's definition:

"The following UnitedLinux distributions are certified and supported by Oracle:

>From the following link:

http://www.oracle.com/partnerships/hw/unitedlinux/index.html?Oracle_UL_Faq_031203.html

2) My understanding it that UnitedLinux(UL) is officially dead, and Novell has declared they're (and SUSE) done with UL. Ignore the hype and liars (oh sorry to those still lying).

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2004-01-22-024-26-NW-SS-NV

3) This makes it clear to me why Oracle is so excited about RedHat. What's next?

HTH. Regards,

Mike Thomas

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/