Re: Will 10g install on any Linux???

From: Jay Weinshenker <jweinshe_at_concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:16:47 -0600

Oracle has been saying for over a year that they only want to support Oracle on certified Linux combos.

Having said that, the cheapest I'm aware of, RedHat Enterprise Linux Enterprise Server (RHEL ES) is only $400 or so.

Oh, and I'll be nice. For RHAS 2.1 Update 2, this is the uname [applprod_at_oradb sql]$ uname -a
Linux servername 2.4.9-e.3smp #1 SMP Fri May 3 16:48:54 EDT 2002 i686 unknown