RE: Negative wait time

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:13:15 -0500

Cary is certainly welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think, since it doesn't make logical sense to have negative wait time, you should report 0 wait time and the negative time as "unaccounted for"....

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." --Horace Walpole

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Cary Millsap Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 10:48 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Quantization error.

The error is greater on the 'c' statistic than any other, because it is obtained by polling in 10,000-microsecond increments.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 2/24 San Diego, 3/23 Park City, 4/6 Seattle