Re: dbv - Found block already marked corrupted

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:00:06 -0500

Actually, bbed is quite well documented at Rama Velpuri's place. The utility itself, is, however, password protected. If you want to read more about that oracle hacking utility, go to:

http://www.fors.com/velpuri2/Oracle%20block%20structure/BBED

I tried obtaining the password, to no avail. It is quite well protected, and with a reason. This utility makes it possible to edit database blocks directly. I would never want to use DUL or BBED if I don't really, really have to.