RE: Capacity Planner from OEM VS Statspack

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:08:33 -0500

Well I don't agree completely. Statspack has its own place and 10046 = trace has its own. Statspack is supposed to give you a SNAPSHOT (or = should we call it materialized view now ...?) of the system for a given = time duration. Granted it is an overall picture but it will identify = issues SYSTEMWIDE. It helps you concentrate in possible problem areas.

The 10046 trace OTOH is process (session) specific. It will allow you to = identify issues within that specific process that you are tracing.=20

Statspack =3D> MACRO Level =3D> System Level 10046 =3D> Micro Level =3D> session level

My 0.15 cents.

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !