Re: encapsulating tables in pl/sql packages?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 06:22:45 +0200

No experiences on it, but reduced performance and additional bugs are possible drawbacks of this approach. The Optimizer probably doesn't have free hands for putting together the execution plans either.

Tanel.

> Steve Fuerstein has written on this extensively and I heard a guy speak on
this recently. I was wondering if anyone tried this. Instead of giving developers direct sql access to tables, each table is wrapped in a package and the developers call those packages to perform select and DML statements on the tables.