Someone using LDAP to authenticate users to NDS?

From: Ana Choto <achoto_at_american.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:02:56 -0500

We're looking into authenticating our users via LDAP to NDS. We are on 8.1.7.2 and Solaris 5.8. We're also using 9iAS release 1.

I understand that LDAP is not suported in 9i and above and that OID may be the way to go. We don't have OID installed in 8i, we probably go that way when upgrading to 9i, but that is not going to happen in the near future.

Is someone out there doing this type of authentication? If so, what are your thoughts? And how did you go about setting this up without OID?

Thanks

Ana E. Choto
American University
e-Operations - Information Technology