RE: SAN and ORACLE

From: Loughmiller, Greg <Greg.Loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:14:41 -0500

Ed - I'm not a SAN expert. But the one thing that we are working on/striving for with the DB's here are two file systems presented to the Host. We'll use one *mount pointA* for the use of Data Files, a copy of the control files, online redo logs... and we will use *mount pointB* for the Oracle binaries, copy of control files, copy of online redo logs, archived redo logs. And in some cases there is a copy of the backup files on this mount point as well as on tape

Now for the makeup of the LUNS.... In some cases, the storage guys have the File systems makeup separated on different frames. Where Frame1 would contain *mount pointA*, and Frame2 would contain *mount pointB*.

And then we would have the mirror(M1, BCV) for each file system allocated vice versa...
Confused yet? I am.. It's gotta be 5:00 somewhere - beers on me.

Greg