RE: Heterogeneous Replication

From: Goulet, Dick <>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:57:53 -0500

        Sure your not using the Sql*Server gateway product? I can't find any = licensing info on about it & our sales rep didn't understand = what we were talking about either (not a first I should also mention). = Also as is noted on these types of products are not sold by = the CPU, but for the computer as a whole.

BTW: That's cheap. Try Partitioning at $10K per cpu or RAC at $20K per.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

From: Nikhil Khimani [] Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 9:39 AM To: ''
Subject: Heterogeneous Replication

We are looking at replicating data from Oracle ( and to MS-SQL (2K). I would like to know if anyone has done this using heterogeneous services and if yes would you please get me started at = least
with the right links to RTFM. Anything additional will be gravy. We are = also
looking at Golden Gate solutions (for Oracle to MS-SQL) and I'd = appreciate a
feed-back, if anyone has had any experience with it.=20

Kind Regards,

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:

Archives are at FAQ is at

This transmission contains information solely for intended recipient and = may
be privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protect from disclosure. = If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete = all
copies of this transmission. This message and/or the materials = contained
herein are not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, = any
securities or other instruments. The information has been obtained or derived from sources believed by us to be reliable, but we do not = represent
that it is accurate or complete. Any opinions or estimates contained in this information constitute our judgment as of this date and are subject = to
change without notice. Any information you share with us will be used = in
the operation of our business, and we do not request and do not want any material, nonpublic information. Absent an express prior written = agreement,
we are not agreeing to treat any information confidentially and will use = any
and all information and reserve the right to publish or disclose any information you share with us.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:

Archives are at
FAQ is at

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: