[oracle-l] Uniform extents

From: <mkline1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:46:40 +0000

I beleive I already know the answer, but is there any way to change the uniform extents on a tablespace?

I'm trying to put a production database into "templates" that were built before my time.

I'm running into production tablespaces built on 64k extents, and someone set up the test database with 100m uniform extents. Takes a lot of room to shove 100-1500 tables into there when I only need a few hundred meg normally.

I'm probably sunk, but just wondering what "tricks" may be done to fix this. Can I convert it to dictionary, then back to local at the right setting which will be ignored except on new tables?

Perhaps a trick to "export" a tablespace, then drop and recreate? I've also done some "moves", dropped and recreated, and put the tables back, but that too has been messy.

Sure is messy.

--
13308 Thornridge Ct
Midlothian, VA  23112