[oracle-l] Re: Help - 9ias broke - hostname was changed

From: Anderson, Brian <andersob_at_darton.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:09:40 -0500

Try it with the old name as a cname, if that doesn't work then reinstall or change the name back.

http://portalstudio.oracle.com/pls/ops/docs/FOLDER/COMMUNITY/PORTALGENER AL/SUPPORTCENTER/NOTE200075.1.HTML

                 Your hostname must meet RFC compliancy (no special
characters).
                 Your machine must also have a static TCP/IP address (do
not use
                 DHCP). Your hostname & IP address also can NOT be
changed after
                 installation in 9iAS Release 2 (9.0.2). Please see
[BUG:2435035]=20
                 '9IAS V2 9.0.2 CAN NOT CHANGE HOSTNAME OR IP ADDRESS
AFTER
                 INSTALLATION' for more information.              =20

 Brian L. Anderson
 SA/DBA
 Darton College
 andersob_at_darton.edu