Re: Startup Migrate

From: Ponnu <ponnu_at_kyocera-wireless.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:34:28 -0800

Joe,

Here's brief from metalink..  for details Check this Doc ID: 252273.1

STARTUP MIGRATE was introduced in 9.2 as a mechanism to be sure that most everything that needs to be done to run an upgrade script or a patch script is done automatically. In the past, customers were expected to adjust certain initialization parameters prior to beginning an upgrade or applying a a patch, but most of this is now done automatically by STARTUP MIGRATE. When a customer starts a database in MIGRATE mode, the following ALTER SYSTEM commands will be set automatically:

ALTER SYSTEM ENABLE RESTRICTED SESSION;
ALTER SYSTEM SET "_SYSTEM_TRIG_ENABLED"=FALSE SCOPE=MEMORY;
ALTER SYSTEM SET JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES=0 SCOPE=MEMORY;
ALTER SYSTEM SET AQ_TM_PROCESSES=0 SCOPE=MEMORY;
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS=BYTE;

Regards,
..Ponnusamy

At 01:14 PM 1/22/2004 -0800, Joe LaCascio wrote:

I'm looking at the notes to apply patch 4 to Oracle 9.2.0.3.  After
installing the products.jar file, one of the steps is to run

startup migrate

then run catpatch.sql

I've looked on technet as well as the documentation CD and can not find
any info on startup migrate.

Can someone point me in a direction to find out about this?  All I can
find is that it's new in 9.2.

Thanks,
Joe

Regards,