[oracle-l] Linux AS2.1 standby mode

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:53:21 -0500

List,
 I have loaded RedHat AS 2.1 and was attempting to get the 9iAS loaded. "There are issues" would be to put it politely. I have downloaded 10gAS and will work forward from there.
 My question is: I have commented out the "option dpms" in the XF86Config files and restarted the server. The monitor standby mode is turned off for user id's EXCEPT root. When logged in as Root the monitor goes into standby mode rather then the screen saver. "xset -q" shown it turned disabled.
Any possible solutions other that "Don't log in as root". Thanks,
Ron Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 13:53:21 CST