How to get unique value using AWK?

From: <jaysingh1_at_optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:09:26 -0800

Hi All,

My manager wants to get all the unique wait events from the trace file. I tried the below but how do i get DISTICT wait event name?

Any help would be really appreciated.

$ grep -i WAIT devdb1_ora_989.trc_orig|awk '{print $3" " $4 " " $5 " "$6}'|more

nam='SQL*Net message to client'
nam='SQL*Net message from client'
nam='library cache lock' ela=
nam='SQL*Net message to client'
nam='SQL*Net message from client'
nam='SQL*Net message to client'
nam='SQL*Net message from client'
nam='SQL*Net message to client'
nam='SQL*Net message from client'
nam='SQL*Net message to client'
nam='SQL*Net message from client'
nam='SQL*Net message to client'
nam='SQL*Net message from client'
nam='SQL*Net message to client'

Thanks
Jay

  INET: jaysingh1_at_optonline.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 10:09:26 CST