!!Please Read - Oracle-L is moving!!

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:49:25 -0800

Dear Oracle-L subscriber,

Due to changing circumstances, the Oracle-L mailing list has found a new home. has graciously hosted Oracle-L for several years, and I thank Bruce Bergman for his hard work on our behalf, but the time has come to move to a new host.

Oracle-L will be hosted by, effective immediately.

In the past when this list has moved, I used a list of subscribers to automatically subscribe people to the new address, thinking I was providing a service. To avoid dealing with irate users that forgot they had subscribed (where does their mail go?) and their attorneys (don't care to hear from them again ) this new list will be 100% opt in.

What this means is that you will need to subscribe to the new address if you wish to remain on the Oracle-L mailing list.

This email is being sent to you once individually, and will also appear in the regular Oracle-L traffic.

After a period of time (2 weeks or so) will be shut down.

At this time, I don't know for how long the Oracle-L archives at will be available.

Instruction for subscribing to the new list are at the end of the message.

I look forward to seeing you all at!

Jared Still

to subscribe:
send email to with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
Subscribe via the web site -

To send email to the list, use this address:

You can unsubscribe from by:

send email to with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field
Unsubscribe via the web site -

Documentation -

Searchable archives -

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:

Author: Jared Still

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 00:49:25 CST

Original text of this message