Re: FW: Disk capacity planning

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:54:30 -0800

When I worked for Oxford, there was a way to force the application to either perform or die. The OLTP database was enforcing profiles and there was limit of 1500 logical reads per call, because it was estimated that our typical OLTP application never performs more then that. If application was unable to achieve that performance, it wasn't allowed to the production OLTP system. That way, the performance could be guaranteed.

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com