Re: Re: Has anyone done any scalability work on dbms_lock?

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:44:26 -0800

nuno-- what level are you trying to scale it to? how long will you hold the locks? I used it last year because only one process could run at a time.

seemed to have similiar over head to 'select for update'. If you look at the PL/SQL Packages book by Fuerstein et al(not a real popular book, but I like it)... there is a nifty wrapper for DBMS_LOCK. I based my code off of that.

Author: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net