RE: how do I interpret this in bstat/estat

From: <nelson.petersen_at_homehardware.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:24:34 -0800

Gene,

        I strongly recommend implementing Statspack. It is very straight-forward.

        Just do it when you have exclusive use of the database, or comment out the following two lines in ora_rdbms_admin:SPCUSR.SQL if you have these packages already installed.
(We're running 8.1.7 on VMS. The filenames might be different on your platform,
 but the documentation gives lots of detail.)

--@@dbmspool
--@@dbmsjob

The docs neglected to mention that it was going to recreate DBMSPOOL and DBMSJOB, even
thought they were already installed.
This invalidated everything that depends on those two packages! Yet another way to hang your production instance!

Nelson

Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com

  INET: nelson.petersen_at_homehardware.ca
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 21 2004 - 07:24:34 CST