RE: tnsnames.ora not working ?

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:39:25 -0800

Open the sqlnet.ora. What is NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN set to. Add that as a suffix to the DEV_DB entry.
If there is no sqlnet.ora or it has no NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN entry try adding .world:

DEV_DB.{whatever_names.default_domain_is | world} = ..

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle7, 8, 8i, 9i OCP DBA
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com