RE: rman backup

From: Rich Holland <holland_at_guidancetech.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:59:41 -0800

Sorry to respond to such an old thread (man I'm way behind), but what if the "expected" location of the archived logs isn't large enough? For example, let's say we have a 10G archive directory, and we dump 5-10G of logs per day. I have to go to a backup made a week ago. That's 35-70G worth of logs if I need to roll forward. Does RMAN try and cram 'em all in at once, or will it "roll" through them? That sure would be a nice feature. ;-)

--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Rich Holland INET: holland_at_guidancetech.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).