RE: Process consumes CPU and long time to finished

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:09:28 -0800

Hernawan,

Is this a custom or standard Concurrent request? If this is standard, there may be a patch out for your module/level. If not, I would use a 10046 level 12 to look at the issue. As you can see from tkprof, you have a huge amount of LIO... Is your init.ora parameters kosher as per Oracle 11i recommendations? DO you see the explain plan for this particular SQL? Is this slowdown new or has existed previously? Can you process a smaller set (with Start/End invoice numbers)? These are some things to try, rather than wait on Oracle Support...

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!