Re: Veritas Backup Question

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:59:26 -0800

I am from the old school, doesn't use RMAN, but soon will w/ our 9i upgrades.  I recommend to use RMAN if you are starting out and buy this book.

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/dt3bpjmwz1/sm/0072226625

hth,
Gene

>>> marcin.przepiorowski@oracledba.pl 01/15/04 03:14AM >>>
Teresita Castro wrote:

> Hi!!
> My name is Tere Castro I am from Mexico I am not a DBA, I uses ORacle
> just to make queries, funtions some updates and create indexes or
> tables, that all.

> Now I am in a little difficult situation, here we have a DBA that do not
> have much experience. He has been working with *Veritas NetBackup  4.5
> for Windows*  for three moths with out results. We still can not make a
> backup of our data bases.

Hello,

Did you use RMAN to backup your database ?
If yes, did you use RMAN with recovery catalog or in nocatalog mode ?
Did you install Veritas NetBackup Agent for Oracle ?

regards,
Marcin Przepio'rowski
Senior Oracle DBA
www.oracledba.pl

Author: =?ISO-8859-7?Q?Marcin_Przepio=27rowski?=
  INET: marcin.przepiorowski@oracledba.pl

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services
Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us