What is hash join?

From: Wendry <wendry_yang_at_indo.net.id>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:34:25 -0800

Dear all,

I understand join is for joining two tables, I know nested loops and sort-merge joins and I know how they work and on what situation they’re used best at. But I really don’t understand hash join, how are they working to join tables and on what situation they performed best? And based on what does Oracle use hash join for joining tables in the execution plan? If they use hash value, how does Oracle determine the hash value when performing hash join?
 I really in the dark here, please give me some light…, Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Wendry

Author: Wendry
  INET: wendry_yang_at_indo.net.id

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 07:34:25 CST