Re: Oracle vs Mysql

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:54:25 -0800

Hi,

I've been asked by management to explore the pros and cons of Mysql vs Oracle. The database in question will be a web based text and multimedia retrieval system. The size will be around 100 Gb. Can someone let me know the advantages of Oracle over Mysql or the problems we can face using Mysql for example support issues or availability/performance issues. Thanks in advance

Mujeeb

Ask your damagement if they are ready to give up on Microslop Office in favour of OpenOffice.

If the reply is yes, then come back and we'll talk again.

If the reply is no, ask for the reasons and use PRECISELY the same to argue in favour of Oracle. Don't even bother with MySQL.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au

Author: Nuno Souto
  INET: nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 00:54:25 CST