Re: Oracle vs Mysql

From: Ryan <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:34:52 -0800

what is DBI?

is postgre free? Is it like linux where you pay for support? I cant find any licensing info on the website. Most shops dont need oracle, sql server, sybase, or DB2.

Most applications are small. I was on a project where the government had an Oracle EE license on windows. They didnt even use foreign key constraints. Had a whopping 13 tables, 20 MB of data, and 10-15 users. Any free database could have handled that.
Author: Ryan
  INET: ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net