RE: Cold Fusion and Bind Variables

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:19:32 -0800

Thanks Suzy, CFQUERYPARM is what he needs.

Jared

"Vordos, Suzy" <Suzy.Vordos@qwest.com>
Sent by: ml-errors@fatcity.com

 01/13/2004 05:34 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L@fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Cold Fusion and Bind Variables

Hi Jared,

Look at QFQUERYPARM:

Usage

     The CFQUERYPARAM is designed to do the following things:

        Allows the use of SQL bind parameters.
       Allows long text fields to be updated from an SQL statement.
       Improves performance.

     The ColdFusion ODBC, DB2, Informix, Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 drivers
    support SQL bind parameters. However, at present, the ColdFusion Sybase
    11 driver and Sybase native driver do not support SQL bind
    parameters.

     If a database does not support bind parameters, ColdFusion still
    performs validation and substitutes the validated parameter value back
    into the string. If validation fails, an error message is returned.

Suzy