RE: Problem with archive log when testing recovery..., urgent

From: Wendry <wendry_yang_at_indo.net.id>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:04:26 -0800

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, you're quite right, I think the archive next to the cold backup is corrupted. The hot backup is always succeeded. But I wonder why is my cold backup is largely end up with internal error or corrupted archive log files.

All I do for closed backup is shutdown immediate, copy all controlfiles, datafiles and redo log files to backup destination, and then reopen the database. Is there any steps that I left which cause the archive log to be corrupted? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Wendry.

Author: Wendry
  INET: wendry_yang_at_indo.net.id