RE: rman restore question

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:54:37 -0800

Joan - Glad to hear your success. In the meanwhile I replied to your earlier message.

Just to clarify, when you used a time-based recovery, setting a time earlier than the most recent backup, RMAN ignored the most recent backup and restored from an earlier backup? Wouldn't that have the disadvantage that you're stuck with a database that doesn't have all the recent transactions applied? Just asking, you're probably suffering from "recovery fatigue" now.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com